Kite Festival opens on 15th August 2012 , and
ends on 20th August 2012
First day ( 15th August ) Program and daily program for kite festival
09:00 hrs traditional welcome and Breakfast (unlimited)
10:00 hrs Patang Jatra Festival opens
With Lots of Music, folk songs, and village celebration and
Flying Kites (Kites and thread will be provided by Agri Tourism India (unlimited).
13:00 hrs Lunch – Typical Maharashtra Taste - Puran Poli
14:00hrs- Patang Jatra -Festival Continues , play rural games , viti dandu , bullock cart rides, tractor rides , etc
16:00 hrs Tree Plantation and Farm Tours
18:00 hrs Tea/ Coffee Snacks
18:30 hrs Departure from Agri Tourism Center
Guests who stay back their next day program
07:30 hrs first Wake up call, Morning Tea
08:30 hrs Cycling or morning walk (optional)
10:30 hrs Getting Ready for local village sight seeing dairy farm etc
13:30 hrs - lunch
14:00hrs - kite flying optional
16:00 hrs - tea and snacks and departure
Here is the good news ! @ Patang Jatra - Kite Festival of Maharashtra we have organized Patang ( kite) and WAVDI Making Competitions on daily basis from 15 to 20 august 2012
TWO GROUPS category - FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL.
Prizes for each category :
First Prize Rs 1501/-
Second Prize Rs 1001/-
Third Prize - Rs 501/-
PACKAGES / charges :
Day tour - Rs 600/- per adult ;
Rs 500 per child ( 4 to 10 yrs)
includes transport by coach
1 day / 1 night - Rs 1000 per adult , Rs 800 per child
2 day/ 1 night - Rs 1200/- per adult , Rs 1000 per child
Transport only for day tour- Pune – baramati – Pune organized
Call the event administrators or call
ATDC Pune office: 020: 2553 5599, 2553 9600 or
alternatively you can call directly to
Mr. Pandurang Taware: 98220 90005
Terms & conditions please go to Patang JATRA event page.
1. kite making matrial will be provided by agri tourism india
In fact, kite flying has a fascinating history; man had the desire to fly since time immemorial. It was the spirit of man and his imagination that ultimately saw the invention of kites.
1. Accommodation will be provided on double occupancy basis
2. Please carry your ongoing medication, no medical shop near by.
3. Kites and tread will be provided by ATDC.
4. Bus will start from Parihar chowk Aundh , - Pune University circle- Sancheti Hospital – Deccan Gymkhana Bus Stop- Saras Baug Corner – Laxmi Narayanan Talkies Chowk- City Pride Talkies Market yard chowk, - Katraj Chowk - Saswad- Jejuri- Morgan- Palshiwadi Agri Tourism Center )
AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT OF MAHARASHTRA,
AGRI TOURISM INDIA